3.07.2019

Last hurrah?

The snow started falling just after midnight, and by morning, another two inches blanketed the ground.


I rolled over in the early morning hours, and DW said, "It's snowing." I think I must have already known, because my dreams all included snow. I think it was the dream about our neighbors cutting through our yard to avoid the deep drifts that finally woke me up.

With a mug of tea, I finished another Dick Francis book, then went out to the kitchen to do the dishes. And while looking out the windows at a snow-covered camellia, I noticed the snow was starting to drip.



So I went to find my big girl camera, slipped into down jacket and boots, and went out to record the snow. It might be the last snowfall this winter, and I don't want to miss the chance of a few more photographs.

I'm glad I did, because the snow was gone by noon.


Big tracks through the orchard


Daffodils swelling toward bloom


The birdfeeder covered in snow, surrounded by bird tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.