2.21.2012

Bonehead

Tonight I made my famous Mexican skillet for dinner, this time with leftover rice added to the mix. It looked great, and smelled oh-so yummy. Maybe it was the heavenly smells that distracted me into making a really boneheaded move—I grabbed the handle of the cast iron pan with my bare hand, just seconds after carefully removing the hot pan from the oven using a potholder. Duh... I burned my hand pretty good, mainly along the base of my fingers and at the base of my thumb. Ouch!

So as I stood at the kitchen sink, holding my poor hand under a stream of cold water, Dave handed me a glass of wine and gave me a hug. And it got me thinking… wine glass, cold water, soothing… hmmm...

Tip of the day: For a palm burn, fill a wine glass with ice and water, and hold it by the bowl of the wine glass.

Second tip of the day: If you cook with cast iron, buy a silicone sleeve for the handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.