2.25.2012

Home cooking

About 5:00, I wandered into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator door, and stood there, thinking about the choices at hand. I pulled out lamb chops and brussels sprouts, and got red potatoes and shallots from the bowl on the kitchen table.

I used a spicy Texas rub on both sides of the chops, and browned them in the new Trader Joe's olive oil before putting them in the oven to roast. The shallot was sliced and cooked in the olive oil until tender and transparent, then I added the cubed potatoes.

Meanwhile, I turned the chops over, and boiled the brussels sprouts. When the potatoes were tender, I cut the brussels sprouts in half. I added a tablespoon of butter to the pan, then browned the sprouts in butter along with the potatoes and shallot.

It was one of those meals that just came together with no recipes, just instinct, and it was the perfect meal for a chilly, rainy Saturday.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.