6.11.2012

Barbed Wire Clydesdale

I can just hear what you're thinking...  but this is a complex and completely amazing sculpture. This life-sized Clydesdale and a little girl with long hair blowing in the wind are entirely made from strands of barbed wire welded together, then painted. It was chilly and windy, and my hair was blowing around just like the girl in the sculpture, but I couldn't stop taking pictures.

If you'd like to check it out for yourself, head south out of Hood River on Hwy 35 to the tiny town of Parkdale, and look for the historical museum on your left. The sculpture stands on the lawn; you can't miss it (any more than you could miss a live, breathing Clydesdale horse). And while you're there, check out Solera, the local brewpub. It's a friendly, local hangout, lots of fun. And they make an awesome IPA.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.