9.04.2013

Thunder and lightning... oh, my

Thunder woke me at 4:00 this morning. I wasn't sure what the noise was at first, so I went back to snooze mode. Again I woke up, still couldn't pin it down. So I rolled over. The third time, I knew... and the flash of lightning helped connect the dots. I rolled out of bed at 6:00 to watch the storm, and wouldn't you know, it stopped. I made coffee. It started up again. I'm pretty sure there's no connection.

One thing I like about living close to the foothills are the storms. Clouds travel east and build where the mountains block their path, and there they sit, rumbling in protest, occasionally flaring in a temper tantrum of lightning and thunder. I love it, especially when the rain follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.