10.27.2013

Old trucks

At first I thought we were unlucky... the railroad museum in Toppenish was closed for the day. We looked through the iron fence and I swear my husband drooled. All the rolling stock, the restored depot, it had everything he loves about a railroad museum.

As for me, I zeroed in on the restored green and black depot truck. Trains, especially steam trains, are great. But I love old trucks. And this one is amazing.

As we got our fill of the museum yard from the wrong side of the fence, a man drove up in a truck and unlocked the gate. He was one of the restoration volunteers, waiting for gravel to be delivered. So he kindly gave us a personal tour while he waited. That made our day.

It gave me an up close and personal look at the truck, and we even got to climb inside. How cool is that!?





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.