10.29.2016

Horse-a-ween...


A family weekend on Vashon, for a horsey Halloween event, a weaving class, and a visit to my favorite thrift store. All girls, all fun. My great-niece, Ella, is taking riding lessons... another generation of horsewomen in the family! Her little sister will follow in her footsteps soon, and hopefully I'll be able to go watch their lessons.

The horse event was fun on this cold and rainy day. I brought my barn boots and warm riding jacket with me; neither have seen a horse for years, but I kept them just in case. I was so glad to have them today.

One of the games was an apple-eating contest for the horses... they sniffed and slobbered and nudged, and took their own sweet time. Who'd have thought it would be so hard to get a horse or pony to eat an apple?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.