10.14.2016

Trio...


The week has been a blur of stress over selling the truck and camper, catching up on laundry, trying to help my sister pack for their journey home to Australia, This afternoon while folding clothes, I glanced out the window into the front pasture. And saw this trio of black-tail deer.

They are all young bucks, apparent losers in the fall mating season, banding together now for company. Each fall we are visited by a few of these youngsters, but this is the first time we've had three at the same time. The two youngest snoozed the afternoon away together, and the older one had his own sheltered spot under a tree by the pond. And by nightfall, they were gone.



I hope we see them often through the winter months, to graze in our pastures and take shelter under the evergreens, and to provide me with many more photo opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.