11.24.2016

Giving thanks...


We are on our own this year for Thanksgiving. I can't even remember the last time we didn't spend Thanksgiving with one or the other of our families. Usually all of DWs family gathers at one of DWs sister's houses; they're the only ones with a house big enough for all of us. But this year, Mike & Karen are in Hawaii, and Mary and her family are spending the holiday weekend at their cabin. The rest of us are on our own.

But it gave me an idea: why not spend Thanksgiving weekend at our cabin? And that was the plan, until the weather turned so soggy and awful. So instead, we'll wait for the weather to clear a bit, then go out in a few days, and take Madison with us. We still need to close up the cabin for the winter, and there are caches to be done on the Peninsula.

I will miss seeing the family, but there is much to be thankful for this season. Health and happiness, family and friends, and a wee cat named Madison.

2 comments:

  1. We still have a lot of family around for holidays, but I don't mind the idea of doing something different. I imagine that someday we will. I hope you enjoyed your quiet holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfectly lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.