11.17.2016

Recycling...


Turning discarded wool clothing into felt for projects has been a deeply satisfying experience. Working with quilting cottons for so many years, I've forgotten the softness and texture and rich colors of wool, how it drapes and holds a shape, how lovely it is to work with.

I've found wool sweaters and skirts at thrift stores, and have also dug into my box of leftover bits of wool from skirts, jackets, and slacks that I made a few decades ago. And a project for January and February, once we get snow and have settled down in the farmhouse for the winter, will be to dismantle a few old outgrown sports coats, so I can turn this soft beautiful wool into felt for applique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.