12.06.2016

Drops of ice...


On a day that began with icy roads and freezing fog, and ended with watching the last light of the day washing over the face of Mt. Si, there were lots of things that stood out as amazing.

Being surrounded by mountains covered in the first real snow of the season, sparkling in the sunshine. Finding a hidden view of the mountains reflected in an oxbow lake. Walking along the the Snoqualmie River, with a snowy Mt. Si in the background.

Everything was beautiful on this cold morning. As I slid across a bridge on the Snoqualmie Valley trail and walked down the slope toward the river, I was surrounded by snowberry bushes glinting with moisture. As I brushed against one, expecting to be showered with icy cold water, I realized that the branches were actually covered in droplets of crystal clear ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.