12.10.2016

Reflections...


A few days ago we spent an entire day exploring the Snoqualmie Valley, and our route took us along the old highway into North Bend, and past the old Weyerhaeuser mill pond.

I remember taking this old road when it was the only route over the pass, but more than that, it was one of the best back-country roads to get me out into farm country. And whenever we went out for a Sunday drive after church, that was always my goal. Farms, barns, horses... that's what I was passionate about from the time I was old enough to know what a horse was.

A lot of those farms and old barns are still there today. The winding river still winds its way through the Snoqualmie Valley, but because the river floods the valley, much of the farmland is still green with pastures and not covered with houses. Thank goodness for that.

The mill pond was still used to float logs for the mill that once stood here. The mill itself is gone, but the pond remains, and it makes a perfect reflecting pool for Mount Si.

1 comment:

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.