8.08.2017

Honey...

There was an article about honey bees in a recent Costco magazine, and one thing really hit home. The best way we all can help save the honey bees is to plant things they like to eat.  Our farm came ready-made with a long row of lilac bushes, which are almost 50 years old now. And we sweetened the pot by planting lace cap hydrangeas and butterfly bushes, and a lot of perennials that attract butterflies. I didn't realize then that the bees would love them just as much.



All summer, the garden has been humming with the usual bumble bees, but also with honey bees. I don't remember seeing so many before; maybe someone in the valley now has bee hives. I hope so... that would be awesome for all the old orchards here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.