12.20.2018

Catching up...

The past six months or so, the story of my life where my blog is concerned. Busy, torn between too many passions. When it's nice, I want to be outside. When it rains, or snows, or is too cold... I just want to sew. That's good for the stack of unfinished projects, but not so good for writing and taking photographs. In the new year, just around the corner, I hope that will change.

One of the old projects I've moved to the top of the stack is this log cabin quilt, made from pastels. It's a very old pattern, called Cabin in the Cotton.



I set it aside when I made a wedding quilt for my niece in 2006, and never got around to finishing it. There have been many others that passed under my needle, but not this one. Lately, I've been in the mood to work on it again, and it's been a great project to take to my Wednesday sewing group. I only have about 30 blocks left to make, the large blocks, and the tiny ones, then I can cut the white sashing strips and start making the top. Maybe I'll take this one to my retreat the end of January.

This is the complete quilt from the book. Isn't it gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.