12.26.2018

Family snow...

A day in the mountains (snow!!) is often how my sister chooses to spend her birthday, and this year, I tagged along. There were three generations in my sister's van, and we're going to spend the afternoon sliding down the hills at Stevens Pass.



Heading east on the ferry, out of the rain and into the snow


The nordic area at Stevens has lots of parking, warm bathrooms, and lots of sledding hills. We pulled on snow pants and more layers under warm jackets, and the kids were off and on the hill before we knew it.

This dog was dressed as warmly as I was!



My nephew is a snowboard instructor at Stevens Pass; he met us with a couple of cool snowskates that the little girls took to like ducks to water.







The day couldn't have been better: plenty of fresh snow, comfortable temperatures, lots of giggles and laughter.

I was glad of the hours spent in the snow, especially with my family. The way things are going, it might be the only snow play I will get this winter.

1 comment:

  1. Playing in the snow is a perfect way to celebrate a birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.