9.02.2009

Phone Charger

I spent my lunch hour sitting by the Asian garden in Kent, which is between the railroad tracks and the library. It's a peaceful spot, with the chance to do some people-watching while I eat. Often there's a group of kids who should be in school, taking up all the seats. Whenever this group is there, the Kent police always seem to show up. They smile, say hello, and innocently "police" the grounds, picking up trash. The kids just melt away without a word.

Today must have been Food Bank day. Lots of people walked through the park, towing wheeled shopping carts or lugging bags of food. One young couple paused to rest on a bench; the man pulled out a cell phone charger, plugged it into a weather-tight outlet at the base of a rock, and left his phone there to charge while he enjoyed the park. I don't think it would have occurred to me to look to my local park for charging my electronics, but why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.