5.21.2015

Reflections


We went to one of our favorite places for dinner tonight, and as we headed toward home, the western sky was building toward a spectacular show.


I was kicking myself for leaving my big camera at home, but I had my cell phone at least. My fingers were crossed that I'd find a place to pull off the road, with a wide-open view to the west. When I found the perfect spot, it came with a bonus: a small lake that reflected the colors and the clouds.

I think it's one of the amazing things about sunsets, that the colors in the sky look so much different in a photograph. The pinks and reds are what caught my eye tonight, and the golden colors come out in the photographs.

We stayed until the sky began to lose its color, unable to tear ourselves away from the show. I think this is now my favorite place for watching the sunset.



2 comments:

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.