2.02.2017

Now you see it...

It was supposed to be socked in today, but when I looked at the eastern sky at 6:45 it looked clear over the Cascades. So I waved goodbye and grabbed my camera gear and lots of warm clothes, and headed south.

After days of rain and gloom and not even a glimpse of Mount Rainier, I wasn't going to miss this chance to photograph one of my favorite barns with a mountain backdrop.

As soon as I could pull over, I snapped a few quick photos of the mountain, with the morning colors just starting to show in the sky.



Then on down the road to the Dutch barn I found last week. When I first spotted the barn and the foothills behind it, I knew there was a big mountain hiding behind the clouds and could hardly wait to come back on a clear day.






And sure enough, there it was.



I love how in a climate like ours, even very big mountains can come and go with the clouds, completely changing the landscape.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous mountain with that pretty red barn in front! Glad you went back for a second look on a clearer day!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.