6.08.2017

Seedlings...

There's something so satisfying about sprinkling flower seeds into a freshly prepared pot, covering them gently with soil, and watering them in. A plant stake is the finishing touch.


I watched and waited, and just four days later, tiny green leaves were pushing through the soil. And when I took this photo on June 12th, the shoots are setting more leaves and looking good.

My cosmos seeds were from several sources, and ranged in age from 10 months to 10 years. But since they were all mixed together, it's impossible to know what seeds actually sprouted.

I'm going with the seeds my great-nieces collected and dried, with the help of their mom. From their garden on Vashon to my garden... I think that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.