3.06.2018

One berry...

I skipped a day with my quilting ladies, to spend time in the orchard. Every time I tried to prune trees earlier this year, it would snow. Or rain. Mostly, it rained. And didn't stop.

So when the forecast claimed two sunny days in a row, it was too good to resist. So after our morning geocache, I headed out in my grubby Nike sweatshirt and my old jeans, armed with the pole pruner. It's getting harder to use as I get older, but I still enjoy it. Being able to prune a branch way over my head while standing on the ground... can't beat that.



There still isn't much at home to photograph, but I did find this lone berry, bright against the blue sky. It completely made my day.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot of your lone berry. Sounds like you were rewarded for your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty capture of the lone red berry.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.