3.01.2018

Drafting...

It is a constant surprise, how much I enjoy drafting quilt blocks. I love fabric, and color, and choosing the perfect combination to make a quilt. Quilts are art.

But I also love the mechanics of quilt making. Finding a quilt I like, then figuring out exactly how to make it :: drafting the pattern, sketching it out, ordering the steps, and calculating how much fabric I'll need. It's the technical writer in me, I think. Writing a quilt pattern isn't any different than writing a service manual... it's just shorter.

1 comment:

  1. I admire your talent to be able to design and carry to completion the making of a quilt. I need a pattern and directions. There's nothing like a handmade quilt to gather under and just be....

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.