2.17.2013

Grains of sand

Sometimes I feel as though I grew up on a beach. All those family vacations spent walking the Oregon coast beaches, from the white sands of Honeyman to the wild rocky beaches of Yachats, I loved them all. But my favorite beaches were the ones with enough sand for running, sea stacks and tide pools, and enough gravel to spend hours digging, looking for agates. It never seemed to matter whether it was sunny or rainy, we had just as much fun.

On our last day at the beach, the beach was full of sand dollars, the smallest the size of a nickel. And at the line between wet sand and dry, these beautiful jellyfish. While the guys talked and tossed the ball for Brodi, I knelt down and looked at the world through the magnifying glass of a jellyfish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.