11.24.2014

Finding the words...


I've struggled lately with finding the inspiration to write, and being without a computer didn't help. On the one hand, it's been fun to write the old-fashioned way, in a paper journal. But writing in my electronic journal, the one I've kept ever since I got my first PC in 1983, is much faster, and I missed that efficiency... because my fingers could keep up with my thoughts, those thoughts kept on flowing.

The weather this month has also been a challenge... wet days of monsoon rainfall, followed by bright blue days of bitter cold, followed by nearly a week of high winds (and power outages). I usually don't mind being out in the rain, and love to walk in the snow. But all this bad weather kicked me into nesting mode, and I felt like hibernating.

Not being outdoors with my camera was really the hardest thing... photographing indoor scenes, the small details of my life, doesn't come easily to me. I've always preferred to photograph the world around me, looking for new views and new vantage points to capture familiar scenes. Landscapes and trees, lakes and snow-covered mountains is much more "me."


So... what to do about November? I think I'll just let it go. Post the things already written, the photographs I've taken, and move on. Catch up, live in the moment instead of the past, and enjoy each day as it comes.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I too prefer photographing the outdoors. But I've been confined inside all month recovering from bunion surgery, so outdoor adventures have been put on hold for now. Luckily I still have a backlog of hiking adventures to post on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.