11.29.2014

Snowglobe...



Snow, the first snow of the season, is falling. I always look forward to this day each winter... more so now that I don't worry about the roads, and getting to work without slipping on ice.

But I did not expect this. Getting up in the dark this morning, grabbing my sweats and slippers, and noticing how very white it was outside the windows. I peeked through the blinds, and the front pasture was covered in white. It was too dark to tell whether it was frost or snow, but I opened up the blinds and lit a fire, and sat back to watch.

It was 33 degrees out, chilly enough. And as the temperature began to fall, so did the snow. Huge billowy flakes of the stuff, thicker and thicker as daylight arrived. The wind arrived, too... at times I felt like I was inside a huge snowglobe, with my pastures and woods and farmhouse snugly inside of it.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos. Wish we'd get some snow around here...

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.