2.27.2016

Small quilts...

                         Pocket park mural in old town Kent

The 2004 album quilt is coming along, so I took a break today and cut fabric for a wall quilt. I've decided to work with Civil War reproduction fabrics; years ago I got a dozen yards of various colors and patterns for $5.00 when a craft store went out of business, but never made anything with it. Today the fabrics are more popular than ever, and there are dozens of books with design ideas. I love this darker, more muted color pallette: dark red and dusky navy blue, brown, rust, poison green and gold, even teal and pink.

My goal is to bundle up a dozen or so quilt kits, all the fabric bits cut and ready to sew. I plan to hand quilt these small quilts, and they'll be perfect for taking along on road trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.