6.08.2016

Back seat...

    Beaver pond near Koeneman Lake

My camera has taken a back seat to just about everything else lately. Instead I've been quilting, and hiking, and trying to find time to work in the garden when it isn't soggy (which has been hard the past week).

I've gotten out of the habit of carrying my Nikon with me wherever I go, relying instead on my camera phone. But it's just not the same.

I feel different when I have the weight of my big camera in my hands. That I'm doing more than just capturing a brief moment, but instead thinking and focusing and looking for the story. Letting the lens show me the best image, not settling for the first good shot. Changing settings and trying different things, in search of the best photograph.

So my promise for the week, and from now on, is to make sure the Nikon is always with me.

Even if I'm just going downstairs to work on a quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.