6.10.2016

Random...



June has been a month of unconnected days, of waking up thinking, "What shall we do today?" No planning other than a few appointments, just following our noses (which some days led us no further than the living room).

The weather has followed suit... hot sunny days followed by misty rainfall, enough to keep the gardener in me just a bit off balance. The result is some perennial beds that are overgrown with things that don't belong, and others that are manicured and tidy. The orchard trees, with suckers pruned in early April, are full of tiny orbs: red apples and green pears, yellow plums and purple Italian prunes.

In my mind I see them in full ripeness and color, but today they're tiny and green, hiding among the leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.