4.04.2018

Balanced...

I still remember the day I bought the fabrics for this quilt. DW was on a business trip, and I was in the mood to take a drive, so I headed south toward Mt. Rainier. My route took me through a little town that had a quilt store, and of course I had to stop. 

Browsing through a quilt store never gets old, and that day I bought two bundles of fabrics designed by 3 Sisters, in green, blue, light blue, rose, red, yellow, coral, and brown. They are very fresh and country and fun, and they made me smile. They still do. 


I like to put the blocks up on the design wall in a random order, then take a digital picture. Unlike my own eyes, the camera has no preconceptions about color or value, just shows things as they are. This trick helps me come up with a more balanced layout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.