4.15.2018

Family time...

A break in the weather. My sister, niece, and great nieces in town. We met for lunch at the Issaquah Brewhouse (where I had perhaps the world's best grilled cheese sandwich), then we headed for Snoqualmie Falls to check out the lower falls park.



We always go to the upper falls viewpoint, but this time we decided to check out the lower viewpoint. We got a bird's-eye view of the power station, the roaring Snoqualmie River, and the new boardwalks.



The girls and Dave solved a geocache together.



The star of the show was the stupendous flow of water over the falls. From the lower viewpoint you don't get to see the whole waterfall, but it was still an amazing sight.



A section of the original water pipe was cut into rings, to walk through.



A brilliant yellow shrub was in full bloom, covered in water droplets that sparkled in the sun.



There's nothing like getting outside and exploring with family.

1 comment:

  1. That's one waterfall I need to go see! I was close in February when I traveled to Crystal mtn. One of these days I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.