4.27.2018

Visitors...

We had visitors at the farm today. I glanced out the kitchen windows at the fruit trees in bloom, and there was a small doe, grazing on the lawn. A smaller doe was just crossing the fence from the pasture. They looked like the pair who visited a month ago, with a small buck. I wonder where he is? I went to the other end of the house, and sure enough, there was the buck. He was munching his way through a patch of blackberries.







This trio stuck around most of the afternoon, grazing. I also suspect they came to check out my flowerbeds to see if anything is in bloom. Every year I lose flowers to the deer; they love to nibble off the tender flower buds. They especially love the garden phlox. This year, I plan to toss netting over them. When they bloom, I'll cut them and fill up my vases and enjoy their scent inside my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.