7.11.2019

Bird soup...

Eighteen birds, one for each person participating in a block exchange this year. Right now, my bird blocks are more like bird soup... eighteen plump birds, eighteen wings and tails, eighteen branches, and about a hundred leaves in lots of colors and sizes.



It's my first block exchange, and it's been fun coming up with a design, then choosing fabrics and cutting out the pieces. (And it's a good way to use up a lot of scraps!) We're all using the same polka-dot background fabric, and although we could make all the blocks the same, I decided to make each of mine unique.

In October each of us will turn in our blocks, and will have no idea what sort of birds will come back to us in November. Song birds, owls, chickens, roosters... I'll just have to wait and see. Once the flock is in hand, I'll start figuring out how to merge them all into a single quilt.

1 comment:

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.