7.02.2019

First show...

Last January, I decided that this was the year. The year to stop being a chicken, and finally enter a quilt in my guild's show in July. Getting ready was a lot more work than I bargained for, but I made the deadline, and entered four quilts. I haven't done anything in a long time that made me feel so satisfied.

I especially loved designing the labels. Each is made using a leftover quilt block from one of my projects, and is hand-lettered.

Checkers, Anyone? is a game board quilt, with buttons for markers. It's hand quilted, and I think this scrap quilt will become a favorite piece of decor for the Fourth of July.






Best Friends is made from friendship star blocks, is hand quilted, and has big-stitch quilting to highlight the border.







Counting the Hours is a lap quilt in my favorite Civil War fabric colors. It's completely made from scraps from my sewing room, and was machine quilted. Each year there's a guild challenge, and this year the goal was to make a quilt from fabric you already owned. I entered this quilt in the challenge category.







Field of Flowers is a small bed quilt, made from Grannie Squares blocks, using the first jelly roll I ever bought. It took me years to find the perfect pattern for this roll of strips, and I love how it turned out.



2 comments:

  1. Wow - these are beautiful! Good for you to be entering these quilts in the show.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.