7.25.2019

Quilt show... set-up

Helping set up for my guild's quilt show is always a blast. Everyone is so excited, the atmosphere is almost electric. It doesn't matter that people worked hard yesterday to unload the storage unit and bring everything to the school, then worked all day. Today they came back for more.



Yesterday they set up the standards that the quilts would be hung from, set up tables for vendors and the bazaar and tea room, decorated the tea room tables, unloaded crates of bazaar items, hung signs in all the rooms, and set up for the volunteer/vendor lunch room. And all on a warm summer day

Today I got there at 8:00, ready to pitch in and work all day long. I'm just hoping it doesn't get hot today... the air conditioning won't really work until tomorrow. Today we finished setting up the huge bazaar area, helped the vendors get their booths set up, and hung the quilts. And that's what I was waiting for. This is my fourth quilt show with the guild, and the first time I've entered any of my quilts. I was so excited to see my own quilts hanging with everyone else's. As it turns out, I got to hang each of my quilts... cool!


This block pattern is called Grannie Squares, similar to the well-known crochet pattern translated into millions of afghan blankets in the 1970-80s. I always loved the pattern, and when I found the block pattern online, thought it was perfect for a bundle of strips that I bought years ago. The fabrics were designed by Joanna Figuora of Fig Tree Quilts, and I named my quilt "Field of Flowers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.