7.01.2019

Cottage gardens...



Oysterville is a 30-minute drive north, almost to the end of the peninsula. The whole town has been on the Historic Register since 1976, and some of the homes in this historic community are still owned by descendants of the original families. Oysterville and the neighborhoods of old beach cabins and houses in Seaview are my favorite parts of the Long Beach peninsula.

We spent lunchtime on the deck of the oyster company, snacking on smoked oysters and a tasty Gerogetown brew, while enjoying the view over Willapa Bay.



On the way out of town, we stopped to admire some of the lush gardens that screen the houses from the street. It's just what I always envisioned for my own cottage, to surround it with wild and lush foliage and flowers, blooming from spring through fall.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.