8.20.2019

Chocolate, and more chocolate...

Today we split up our errands. DW took his mom to the dentist, and I gassed up the truck and hit a couple of quilt shops. I have a notion to make nothing but Kim Diehl quilts this year (that is, besides a mystery quilt for my guild, a block exchange, and finishing up 2-3 almost-done quilts). I found what I needed for the KD quilts at my favorite quilt store in Des Moines, and at another shop in my town, I found the perfect batik fabrics for the mystery quilt.

As I walked out I glanced down the street, and spotted my Pilot, which Dave had taken this morning. It was parked outside a fabulous bakery and cafe; I figured my hubby was having lunch with his mom.

So I jaywalked (shhh, don't tell) across this quiet street in the historic part of town, and pushed open the door. They were sitting at a table near the door, and smiled when I pulled out a chair. DW said, "I got you something" and held out a white bakery box. Inside, a gorgeous big piece of chocolate cake.



After dinner, I set the cake out on a favorite square plate from Spode, got out two silver dessert forks, and cut the cake in half. This is the first piece of cake I've had in years... and it was amazing. A thick layer of chocolate mousse sandwiched between two chocolate sponge cakes, covered with chocolate ganache, with toasted almond slices on the outside. Oh, and two raspberries on top. Even my hubbie raved about it, and chocolate is never his first choice for dessert.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.