8.09.2019

Sea of yellow...

DW's been consumed with the barn project, so the mowing has taken a back seat. And that's good for me... the back pasture and the orchard are awash with bright yellow and green, with the dark backdrop of a forest of evergreens.



I waded out into the yellow, sat down, and focused on the forest of buttercups. I walked around and looked through the viewfinder, looking for photos, and finally making my way to the old orchard and the orchard pasture between the farmhouse and the pumphouse.



I've always wanted to plant foundation gardens around the farmhouse, but there's a deep clay layer next to the house, and plants (and grass) don't grow well there. But the lawn, that's another story. Just go out twenty feet from the house, and the grass grows lush and green.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.