8.14.2019

Share where you live... rusty



Have you ever seen a David Bradley tractor? I think of them as antique rototillers, not as fancy as a Garden Way tiller, but way cooler. These walk-behind tractors are becoming rare around here, so it's always fun to stumble across one. And it's perfect for Share Where You Live #2:  visit a flea market/tag sale/antique store, and find something rusty.

Somewhere, I have a photograph of my father-in-law, using his David Bradley tractor to till up the huge vegetable garden behind their house. In his late-30's with dark hair, bright blue eyes, and muscles, he flashed a bright smile at whoever was taking the picture.



Sadly his tractor fell into disuse, then disrepair, once the kids were older and DW's mom went to work, and the big vegetable gardens became a thing of the past.



I imagine his would look much like this one, rusty, missing a few pieces, but mostly intact... and with that all-important attachment: the tiller.




This is #2 on the @twistedroadstudio summer photography scavenger hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.