8.04.2019

They're engaged!

When we head out for an evening, we go south. It's too hard to get into downtown Seattle these days; we have (I think) the world's worst traffic problems. Well, maybe not the world... but certainly the traffic is worse here than anywhere else I've ever been. California? Piece of cake compared to Puget Sound traffic today. And I've lived in the Bay Area, so I have a legitimate opinion. Just saying.

So, we go south to Tacoma. But lately, with all the I-5 construction, and nearly weekly lane changes and diversions, no one knows what to expect when they go south on I-5, and the traffic snarls reflect this.

So... we make sure we know the back roads, the alternate routes... ways around the freeway routes, which actually is what I prefer. Give me a back road, and I'm very happy.



So tonight we headed for downtown Tacoma for an engagement party. Jordan, a friend from geocaching (and a former geocaching.com employee), who always made a point to go to local events, got engaged to Emily. They took a long vacation to Europe to celebrate their engagement, then came home to a perfectly fun engagement party thrown by the caching community. A bunch of cachers, the happy couple, at Seven Seas Brewing. Couldn't have been a better time.

Congratulations, Jordan and Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.