12.27.2014

Just one word... 2014


The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes,
but in having new eyes.
Marcel Proust




At the beginning of 2014, I decided to play along with a challenge from one of my favorite blog writers: to pick a word to live by during the year. I gave it much thought, and since there was a new dSLR to play with, road trips on the horizon, and maybe a trip to the U.K., I chose "Discover."  To pay extra attention to all that's new and unique in the world around me. To look at familiar places and brand new ones with new perspective, always making sure to look through the lens of my camera.

The U.K. trip didn't happen, but in its place we took a long road trip to western Colorado to visit family, and got to know "the kids" in a new way, as adults. And we discovered a new part of Idaho, with a spectacular backdrop of Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons... and learned to fly fish on two of the West's best rivers.

Time with family, with friends, on the road in my MX-5 roadster, on the river in waders with my fly rod in my hand.

The year could not have been much better.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely shot of the waves. Happy New year and the best in 2015!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.