12.13.2014

Moments... Friendship

This week, rain came in waves punctuated with blue skies. I sneaked away for a walk on the trail.


It was the only walk I got this week. Instead, it was a week to spend time with friends, catching up on our lives. On a rainy Wednesday I met an old friend for breakfast, which we didn't eat... we were too busy talking. Hours later we'd done a pretty good job of catching up, with much left to say the next time we get together.

Slowly, the farmhouse is getting decorated for Christmas. There are poinsettias in the kitchen and living room and bathroom... white and red, beautiful. There is a forest of small trees on the cabinet in the living room, bright with lights and ornaments. Anna's garland hangs on the antique sideboard in the kitchen, the first piece of furniture we bought when we married, the piece that has shared our lives since we were "we," traveling from house to house, town to town, year to year. The house will be magical for a few weeks.


After a monster windstorm hit too close to home, we drove out to check the cabin, then spent the afternoon with friends. Their new home glows on the edge of the lake, and we watched the late afternoon light paint the sky, slowing turning to black lit by stars.

My homemade Christmas is nearly completed, and I spent the afternoon in my farm kitchen, cleaning, organizing, decorating. I wanted to bake cookies in the worst way. Soon, there will be oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in the cookie jar. But not yet.

My new silicone mug cover keeps my tea hot longer, and will also keep James out of my water glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.