12.08.2014

Moments... December begins

A surprising month so far... hummingbirds at the feeders with snow on the ground, and temperatures in the 'teens. The sunshine dappled the snow with shadows... beautiful.


A wee blond girl in pink, one of the grandkids from the house next door, has been exploring the pastures. The Pilot has new tires, ready for the winter I hope will return. I'm longing for a cold and snowy winter; we haven't had one of those for too long.


We met good friends in the city for brews and food and laughter. One more gathering in a couple of weeks, then we won't see them until the new year. I'm finding it hard to put down the new Diana Gabaldon, Written in my Own Heart's Blood. More than 800 pages, but I'm nearly through.

I'm loving my new Lenovo, especially the lighted keyboard for working in the dim light of a winter evening. The tablet mode is pretty cool, too. Perfect for recipes and sewing projects; doesn't take up much counter space at all.

The cold nights brought two farm cats to our barn door, one yellow and white, the other black with a white bib and feet. I've seen them in the barn in the early morning hours. One has claimed a piece of old carpet, the other a pile of cedar shavings. I'd like them to stick around, so will put out food and water for them. They can keep the old truck company.


2 comments:

  1. Cute hummingbird! Wish we had snow, but we're at too low of an elevation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you had a hummingbird this time of year. What a special gift for you.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.