12.09.2014

The road less traveled

The window was small yesterday, that time between breakfast and sunshine, and the late morning rain. I waited too long, and my walk was cut short. It is my favorite walk, and I'm thankful every time that this piece of heaven is right in my neighborhood.

The woods are so green, in spite of it nearly being winter, with leaves on the ground. The mild days have encouraged the grass to grow, and it's bright green, the color of spring.


I took a walking stick with me today, in case the trail was muddy. It's the perfect walking stick for hiking, finished half natural with bark intact, half rubbed with a piece of beach glass until silky smooth. The stick came from the beach near Neah Bay, nibbled off by a busy beaver, and I love that one end still has the teeth marks.



The horse trail was wet and full of leaves, and the springs were running strong. But the trail is still pretty dry, so no wet feet yet.  





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful walk! I can't wait for my foot to heal so I can go for walks again.....6 weeks and counting....

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.