12.23.2014

Wrapping Christmas

As much fun as it is to choose (or make) Christmas gifts, designing the packaging and trims and tags is just as much fun for me. Really.

I figure I learned this from my dad. The gifts he gave were works of art, maybe because he was both an architect and an artist, and there's a bit of both skills required. You should have seen the wedding presents he wrapped. Gorgeous.

But not on Christmas. With three daughters and not a lot of free time, it was more about wrapping paper to hide what was inside, and not so much about the perfect ribbon. The gifts intended for others were gorgeous, but we never minded. And some of his skill rubbed off on us. Not a lot. But some.

For my own family, I don't wrap anymore. Instead, our gifts go inside the 12 boxes that nest together for storage, and stack up as a gorgeous tower for the holiday season. I get half, and D gets the other half. Easy.

But I follow in my dad's footsteps when it comes to wrapping gifts for everyone else. Fun. Really.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.