9.18.2017

Rain...



We spent my birthday night at the cabin, and watched it rain (and watched a couple of movies). We fell asleep to the sound of rain on the metal roof, one of my favorite sounds in the whole world.

I must have slept soundly, because I was wide awake three hours before DW. He slept on while I finished the last few pages of  "The Lying Game," then sewed, and played solitaire. It rained, then cleared up with brilliant sunshine that lit up the woods. Dave finally got up at 9:00, and we packed up. With nothing but a tiny cooler and our bags, it was pretty quick.

Dave has two geocaches that I've not found, how did that happen? We stopped to get one on the way to Belfair, then stopped at the Union River salmon project to check the count. We walked down the riverbank and didn't see any fish, but a record number of chum have gone up the river so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.