9.03.2017

Whidbey Island barns...

A couple of weeks ago, DW and I spent the weekend on Whidbey Island, camping out with the family on our niece's wooded 5 acres. I heard the wind blow during the night, and raindrops fall on our tent, so I didn't have much hope for an early morning photo tour of the island. But when I got up and dressed and zipped the tent behind me, it was dewey but not wet. So I grabbed my camera and keys and quietly slipped off to explore as the sun came up.



Just around the corner from my niece's little cabin in the woods, I found this old farmstead with red barn, chicken coop, tractor shed, and farmhouse, all with white trim. And a perfect view east toward the rising sun, with clouds reflecting in the pond.



I lingered for half an hour, hoping for the sunrise to bring color to the sky, but it never happened. Just the bright morning light behind the clouds, as the night brightened into day.


Linking up today on the Barn Collective.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful barn/area. I LOVE that house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place your niece owns! Lovely to camp out there and wake up to get such awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful area! It looks quiet and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.