12.26.2013

Christmas Day plus 1

We have a 25-year Christmas tradition, gathering together with my sister's family on Vashon Island, sharing this special day. We've watched the kids grow from babies to graduates, and now we get to enjoy the next generation of her family.

This year we stayed over, to have some extra time with my sister and brother-in-law (and avoid that long ferry line on Christmas night). It's been way too long since we've had this much time together, just the four of us, and we stayed up until after midnight, talking and laughing together. It was wonderful. And this morning we celebrated my sister's birthday with her, and got to see her open her gift. That was very cool!

Many people say that Christmas is for kids, and it's so much fun to watch the little ones enjoy their presents and the tree and all the sparkling lights. This little sweetheart had her second Christmas yesterday, and it may be the first she'll remember. I hope so. It was a wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.