12.06.2013

Texture Tuesday | Snow berries

When we pruned the young orchard a couple of weeks ago, this sprig of winter berries came to light. Duplicating the layer brings out the handwriting, which is such a beautiful part of the texture. I love the way it makes the photograph look like an oil painting.


Kim Klassen's December textures | two layers of kk_0212 @ soft light


The next morning I took another photograph of the same sprig of berries, as the sun rose over the hill and lit up the heavy frost on the pasture. I love the touch of ice crystals lining the branch, and the cold blue light.


Kim Klassen's Quest texture | 15% hard light


Texture Tuesday is the creation of Kim Klassen (dot) com. Check out the link to see this week's linked photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.