12.21.2013

Snowfall...

Yesterday at first light I opened the blinds, then walked outside on the porch. Because of the snow it seemed so light, but it was just an illusion made of contrast, of  snow and shadows.

Mid-morning I took a walk around the yard and orchard, marveling at the beauty snow brings to everything it touches. Summer's flowerheads were bowed down with the weight, and the birds argued over the feeders. The snow has stopped falling, and I felt a brief shower of sleet, then nothing more.

On snowy days I am especially grateful to be at home, to walk through life  with my camera in hand, instead of speeding through it behind the wheel of my car. I would have completely missed this snowfall... by dark the snow was nearly gone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.