1.13.2014

A new week

It's been a wild couple of days. Yesterday we got an inch of rain, high winds, sunshine, clouds, thunder & lightning. Over and over again. Thirteen days into the new year, and we've already had more than 2.5 inches of rain.

Cooking with Davey every night has been more fun than I knew was possible...  choosing what we'll cook, sharing tasks, talking over how to improve a recipe the next time. This is one part of our life I never imagined we'd share.

I'm digging deep in my closet, to find clothes that fit better. It's sad that my newest jeans now hang off me, but it's a good kind of sad. I hung onto some favorites from my slimmer days, and am more than happy that they fit once again.

Today I started a letter to my cousin, who never fails to send a quick note at Christmas, and who shares a birthday with me. It's a special bond that I treasure. One of my goals for 2014 is to write more letters the old fashioned way, and it's fitting that my first is to her.

In three days, my youngest niece arrives from Australia. She and her boyfriend will be in the States until next fall, skiing and rock climbing and hiking their way around the west, and I'm so looking forward to their visit.

And I'm still waiting for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.