4.24.2014

Simple (TT)

When I saw Kim's theme for this week, I knew immediately which photo I wanted to use... this picture of my mother holding me, with such joy on her face, and my own uninhibited laugh. It was taken in the front yard of my childhood home, but I don't know anything else about it. With my matching bonnet and coat, we were probably headed to church.

My dad was an amateur photographer, and there are hundreds (if not thousands) of pictures of his three daughters. I love that you can see a bit of each of us in this photograph: Kathie has our mom's smile (and nose), Laurie has the straight brows, and I got the square hairline.  


Textured with Kim's Paper & Paste texture using the Vivid blending mode and 47% opacity

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you took the time to read my blog, and appreciate your comments.